With the holiday season upon us, we often begin to feel pressure from many directions. On top of your busy work and personal schedule, you also now have to fit in searching for the perfect gift for everyone on your list. This crazy holiday routine can take a toll on your body. To prevent aches and pains OUT of the office, practice proper ergonomics IN the office.
Here are 7 Office Ergonomic Tips for this Holiday Season…
- Check Your Monitor – When you sit at your desk, make sure the center of your computer screen is slightly above eye level.
- Be Aware of Your Arms – Make sure your arms are parallel to the floor with your wrists supported and minimally bent.
- Customize Your Chair – Use a desk chair with adjustable lumbar back support and customize it to your body.
- Bend Your Knees – Your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep Your Feet on the Floor – Your feet should be flat on the floor or on a footrest.
- Use a Headset – Instead of holding the phone with your shoulder, use a headset.
- Get Up and Stretch – Take time to stretch your body and change your position during the day. It also gives your eyes a break from the computer screen.
We rely heavily on our body and mind to help us reach our maximum potential in all aspects of life. Take the time to take care of your body, so it can carry you wherever you’d like to take your career.