Looking for some tips on how to have a more successful day managing your work and personal life? Getting your ducks in a row starts with your evening routine.
If you’re working on a personal goal or taking on more responsibilities at work hoping to get a promotion, the actions you take tonight can help you have a more powerful tomorrow.
Follow these six tips for a more positive and successful tomorrow…
- If you prefer to have wine in the evening to wind down, limit your treat to a single glass. A glass of red wine has shown to promote heart health, but anything over one glass can lead to a restless night.
- If you are a person who can’t put down your electronics before bed, think again. You should avoid your computer screen for at least 30 minutes before bed due to the light from the screen possibly disrupting your natural body cycle.
- Some people are in a habit of watching TV to fall asleep, but since TV actually stimulates the mind it’s best to not watch it immediately before hitting the hay.
- Reading before bed can be a great way to relax. Try to select an uplifting or motivational book rather than a thriller that can leave you feeling tense.
- If taking a bath is part of your nighttime routine make sure you bathe at least an hour before getting in bed. Your body needs to cool down before falling asleep.
- Before going to sleep, lie down and take a minute for yourself to picture one thing you want to accomplish tomorrow and make a plan of how to accomplish that goal. Next, clear your head of your to-do list, take a deep breath and go to sleep with a clear mind.
Making simple changes can make a big difference. If you are making two or three of these evening routine mistakes, try to change one and see how you feel the next day. If you would like to see how we can help you achieve more goals in your professional career give us a call!