Plenty of people complain about the aches and pains they feel from their daily commute and sitting all day at their desk. The lack of movement most people have every day is linked to nearly all discomfort, pain and health issues people feel.
Not surprisingly, studies have shown that people who integrate movement into their workday are more productive, happier and have less pain daily.
Here are 5 great tips to help you get moving…
- Start by varying your positions throughout the day. By doing this you can improve your circulation and minimize muscle fatigue.
- Invest in a high-tech chair. Office chairs with core-flex technology allow the body to maintain its natural motion.
- Adjust your chair to work for you. Tinker with the tension and backrest to help support your full back.
- Set reminders on your phone to remind yourself to take a quick break and move around for at least five minutes every hour.
- If you use the elevator at your office, change it up and use the stairs instead.
From the time you wake up in the morning to the time you go to sleep, you spend very little time being in motion. It’s time to make a change. Use these tips to help maintain a healthy posture and a happier workweek.